Monday, September 1, 2014

Views of Zanesville


We've been in our new town for about a week now, and while Jerry has been at work, Joshua and I have done some exploring of the the little city.  When I first arrived I said it reminded me a lot of my hometown of Augusta, and I still hold to that.

There are a ton of churches in the downtown.  They are all very large and stately looking.  This is just one.

The sign in front of this building advertises furniture sales and Reuben sandwiches.  I'm confused though; I thought Ikea was blue and yellow.


Pottery in this area is very famous.  The clay from the region is very good.  (Beyond that I know nothing.)  All of the vases are massive.  Quite different from Grandma Houghton's mini-pots.


No exploration of a city is complete without a visit to the library.  I loved this artwork outside of it.


But the best view of Zanesville is in our hotel room.  His new goal is to fit everything in his mouth simultaneously. 

2 comments:

Jen said...

I love the statue of the children. I see a photo of Joshua there in the future.

Joe and Joanne said...

So glad you're there and happily exploring! Zanesville looks like a beautiful, quaint town. Luck with the apartment/house hunt!