Monday, February 10, 2014

Monterey and Pacific Grove

As one last pre-baby trip, I went to Monterey and Pacific Grove, California to visit a friend from college for the weekend.  Most people know that I do not have a deep love for California, but I have to admit that this area was gorgeous and nearly equal to my love of Sequoia National Park. 


While all the locals were praying for rain, I relished the unusually warm and sunny weather.  This ocean views were just blocks from where my hosts lived.  I decided these towns were perfect for me because they were easily walkable.


The wildlife was up close and personal. 


To my delight, I found that there were depictions of whales all over the town.  I love whales ...

 
... and sea life of almost every sort. 


We drove down Route 1 and enjoyed the amazing views of Big Sur.  On my final evening, we watched the sunset at Asilomar Beach which is perhaps one of the most beautiful views ever.



No comments: