Friday, February 14, 2014

Book Love 2014

Last year, I wrote a Valentine's post about being reunited with a book I love.  As someone who doesn't like to make a huge deal of Valentine's Day, I thought this would be a fun, simple tradition.


Lately, I've been feeling a lot of nostalgia for this little gem.  I remember first reading it as a class in first grade and the rhythm has stayed with me ever since.  I often find myself chanting, "eating once, eating twice, eating chicken soup with rice."  Like the book, I often insert my own participle.

My favorite month, you ask.  November because a whale spouts chicken soup with rice.  I'm so predictable.

Reading once,
Reading twice,
Reading chicken soup
with rice.  

1 comment:

Joe and Joanne said...

You're adorable! I love this V-Day tradition. I've been getting some books for our baby girl these past couple weeks and have thought of you every time. I keep thinking: Would Michelle tell me to go ahead and get this one or leave it on the shelf. Wish she were here to tell me. Though...at this stage all I'm getting are the uber-basic touch-and-feel and HUGE cardboard ones. Not much substance to those -- just super cute. When she gets a little older and I start getting into those more 'readable' books; I'll be coming to you for help! ;)

Hope you had a good Valentine's Day!