Friday, October 2, 2009

5 Life Lessons

As should happen in all weeks I learned many things. Here are the top 5.

5. The Los Angeles Green Line Train isn't half bad, and is more efficient than the Boston Green LIne Train by far.

4. Actually enforcing consequences, improves kids' behavior. I know this isn't that huge of an epiphany. It also makes kids really mad.

3. Not all plums are disgusting. A farmer at the local farmer's market actually had a delicious variety.

2. Jicama is a large root vegetable with very little flavor. It doesn't just appear on vegetable trays in sticks. A whole jicama looks like this.

This week it was $.99/lb. at Ralph's. The most important part of the lesson. Jicama is heavy. I walked over 2 miles with two jicama. My arms are sore.

1. In the event of a power outage in the workplace and a subsequent closure. RUN! Do NOT walk to the nearest exit. Otherwise, the power will return before you have had time to vacate the premises.

2 comments:

Joe and Joanne said...

You crack me up (esp. No. 1 - trying to escape from the office, huh? Can't say I blam you). I love your list! :)

I may live on another planet - I've never heard of a Jicama. I'll have to look and see if I can find one here and give it a try.

Have fun learning 5 more new things this week!

Laura said...

Ha ha ha. You're a funny writer. I like your blog. Have you really never seen a whole jicama before? What are you from Maine or something? Also, you should RUN not walk to the nearest exit as soon as your boss goes home for the day.