Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Then and Now

Last year, my wonderful roommate, Laura, dropped me off at my ALA Midwinter Meeting in Philadelphia. The photo below shows where I stayed. We were 28 to a room and I was unable to sleep due to the noise of the night club across the street.
This year, I checked myself into the Hyatt in downtown Denver (at a low conference rate) and got upgraded to this room. Note the table for 6, the flat panel television, and the Murphy Bed. I even managed to be able to take naps.
I attend these conferences to fulfill my duties for a committee I am on. Usually, they put us very far away from the rest of the convention in a drab lifeless meeting room at an obscure hotel. This year they had us at the Brown Palace Hotel - one of the most luxurious and beautiful hotels in Denver. (Photo courtesy of Denver.org)
I can certainly cope with this contrast,

3 comments:

David and Catherine said...

I love the decor in Philidelphia. It probably smelled really good too.

Joe and Joanne said...

Aren't business trips the best? Looks like you had a fabulous time - and that room and hotel look fancy indeed!

Laura said...

I still have guilt.