Monday, January 12, 2015

Pumpkin, Zucchini, and Walnut Pasta


I love fall foods like pumpkin, cranberry and gingerbread and wish that companies understood that some people would like to eat it year round.  When pumpkin puree went on sale after Thanksgiving I loaded my cart.

With the new year, I've been searching for recipes that are deliciously different.  I wanted pumpkin that wasn't always in the form of a bread, or pie, or cream-filled roll.  I finally found pumpkin, zucchini, and walnut pasta and it was a refreshing change from my rotation of six recipes.

I found the recipe in a book (those old fashioned things made from trees), but found a similar recipe on Food.com.  The print recipe had a few substitutions/additions that I would recommend.

  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • Sage instead of parsley (Although on the next round, I think I will try basil.)
  • 1/2 teas. cayenne pepper  (This gave the pasta a nice kick without being overpowering.)
The best part is that you can cook in in less than 30 minutes.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Joe and Joanne said...

That recipe looks really good, I'll have to give it a try!

I'm with you: Give me pumpkin anything 365 days a year and I'm a happy girl. Though I must admit that we ate so much pumpkin this holiday season that I find myself a bit 'pumpkin'd out' right now. ;) I'm sure that will fix itself in a month or two.