Jerry visited Joshua in the middle of the night on his first night. My sister had brought us Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See, a classic for all young children. This was the first book that Joshua heard. Jerry has read it many times since and made a few changes along the way. It's now "Grizzly Bear, Grizzly Bear." Blue horses and purple cats don't exist, and black sheep are weird.
Other picture/board books include:
- The House in the Night (This is probably my all time favorite picture book.)
- Max's ABC's
- Jorge el Curioso (I brought this thinking it was in English, but it wasn't. Jerry read it to Joshua anyway.)
- Snuggle Puppy (Thanks, Mom!)
- Pajama Time
- How Do Dinosaurs Learn Their Colors?
As you can see he listens very intently. We also decided that he was advanced enough for chapter books.
- Midnight on the Moon
- The Phantom Tollbooth (This was lovingly sent to me by an old friend.