We've been in our apartment a little over a week now, but our stuff arrived two days ago. My back is very grateful to have a real bed again, but it is not so happy with the fact that I have been doing dishes for two straight days. You see, I have handwashed approximately 4,531 kitchen supplies since Tuesday. I'm not done. After I finish washing and drying, I then determine where to put the things. Every time I open a box I find more and am then forced to rearrange my drawers and cupboards.
This is what I have learned.
- We own four teapots. (I refuse to part with any of them. They are awesome.)
- A Magic Bullet has about 90 separate parts.
- No matter how many dish towels you have, you will run out if you are hand drying.
- I was actually glad when one of our glasses was broken. (It was from the dollar store and not a gift so there was nothing sentimental to it.)
- I guess when I was blissfully scanning barcodes at the store I wasn't thinking, "Am I going to have to handwash this every time I move."