Monday, November 14, 2011

It Begins ...

On Saturday, Jerry looked out the window and said, "Oh, Michelle you aren't going to like this!" Well, I guess it had to happen sometime. Snow has hit the Great White North.
From this view from our apartment, you can tell that it wasn't a huge storm. That came today as the snow went from small specks to ominous marble sized flakes. True to first-storm-of-the-year tradition, drivers forgot how to drive and children were filled with Christmas cheer.


I took these on Saturday. On my way to the library, I walked through a small park downtown. I was shocked to find a tree that still had leaves on it.


The long winter is starting and it is time to put some real effort into finding boots for this Snow Grinch.

2 comments:

Laura said...

It looks like you live in a really pretty area with a very nice view from your apartment. Is this true, or am I just spending too much time in the lab.

I'm sorry about winter. I'm personally in favor of perpetual summer.

Joe and Joanne said...

Oh....so sorry Michelle! That move from sunny CA to snowy Alberta is definitely going to take some *getting used to* (even for someone who grew up in Maine ;).

I wish I could say "come down south to Boston for some sun" - but we're likely to have just as white a winter as you (we've already had one nor'easter).

Looking forward to seeing you in a couple weeks!