Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Big Change

In an attempt to keep friends and family apprised of my goings on, I have decided to change this blog to a general discussion of my life rather than an analysis of books I have read. You may find a book review or two in the future. But this is no longer the express purpose of my blog.

So I've survived my first week of work which involved training at a library that I was temporarily assigned to. It is great to finally get payed to do what I love. Yesterday, I did a bilingual storytime. The kids were adorable and I got to practice my Spanglish. Then I went to Library Headquarters and look at books. In the future, I'll get to place orders for my library, but because I'm completely unaware of what is currently there, I just helped the other librarian I have been working with. All in all I have learned a lot this week. I've also discovered that being a librarian involves a lot of paperwork and nobody told me that in library school.

2 comments:

Aleigh said...

Glad to hear things are going so well for you. I hope that it continues to be a wonderful experience for you!

Joe and Joanne said...

I like the new set-up Michelle! Looking forward to reading about your California adventures. Things seem to be off to a great start!
Paper-work though huh...I think it's unavoidable in any job. :)