Thursday, February 22, 2018

Math Minded

I try not to brag about my kids on other social media platforms, but I figure this blog has a readership of about 2.5 so it is a good venue for posting braggy things I want to remember.  I love watching my kids grow, develop, and discover.  Pretty much, I love their brains.

I came home from a kindergarten readiness workshop with some bears and cups to teach children basic math skills.  Henry grabbed the blue cup and proceeded to add only the blue bears to the cup.  I couldn't believe that he knew to sort them.  He has done it since so I know it wasn't a fluke.


Joshua and I have a lot of conversations like:

Joshua:  Yesterday I had 2 vitamins and today I had 2.  That's 4.  Tomorrow, I will have 2 more and that's six.

or

Joshua:  Mom, I want 5 crackers!
Me:  How many did I give you?
Joshua:  3, I need 2 more.

It is so fun watching these kids grow up. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, they are very clever! I agree it's so fun to watch kids learn and grow.