Monday, March 12, 2012

Genealogy - Look What I Found

When Jerry and I first met with our bishop, he asked what I was going to do with all my free time. I told him I wanted to work on genealogy. Sure enough, the next week, Jerry and I were called to be family history consultants. I have had a chance to do a lot of research and this morning I made two great finds.

This is a photo from a book about Oil City, Pennsylvania where some of my ancestors lived. I chose this page because it tells about St. Joseph's Church were the Quinn family attended. The entire book can be found here.
After I learned about this church, I was prompted to see if I could find online cemetery records. I actually found where a number of my ancestors are buried. This is St. Joseph's cemetery.

I found photos of gravestones and other information that I have been looking for at findagrave.com. Here is a little of what I found.

Eugene Quinn is my grandfather's great grandfather.


Rebecca is Eugene's wife.


Laura is one of their children and my grandfather's great aunt. I like how moss covered this one is.

It was very exciting to find this information and I am still looking for information on this family. I can't wait to find more!

No comments: