Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sacramento

So I am just finishing up my weekend conference in Sacramento. I arrived Friday and had one of the best meals of my life at the Firehouse in Old Sacramento. Delicious, including sorbet to cleanse the pallet. I spent most of Saturday anxiously awaiting the time to five my presentation. I heaved a sigh of relief when it was finally over and people said they really liked it.

The rest of the trip, I have spent waiting to go home. I am sitting at the airport now. This morning, I went to the train museum and took these photos on my cell phone which accounts for the poor quality.

One on the trains in the museum

This is the postal train car. Without stopping the train picks up the mail and it all gets sorted as teh train is moving. Pretty cool!


This is a golden spike such as was driven into the ground in Promontory, Utah. It was very shiny.

1 comment:

Joe and Joanne said...

Wow - you are having a LOT of fun these days! The train museum looks really interesting; I hadn't considered how large the spikes would be to drive in train tracks, but it makes sense!