Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas With Family and Friends

Christmas started for me last Sunday morning when I arrived in Salt Lake to do Christmas with my sister's family, mom, and grandparents. I lounged around the house avoiding the cold weather and enjoying my nieces and nephews. That evening we celebrated Christmas; the hightlight, of course, was watching my niece and nephews instantly fall in love with their brand new scooters. The blizzard in Orem put a damper on some of our plans on Monday, but I managed to get my 72 hour kit (my super exciting Christmas present). Salt Lake didn't get as much snow so we did get to enjoy Temple Square that evening before I had catch a plane back to LA. I was disappointed that I didn't get to attend the temple that day, but it was great to soak up the peace on Temple Square.
After 2 days of work, I headed down to San Diego, where my friend/mission companion/former roommate, Emilysa, and her friend picked me up from the airport. We intended to go Midnight Mass but went to Denny's instead - Big Difference! We laughed and talked until 3 AM and then went home and finished talking at 4 AM. I typically think people who do this are insane.
A few hours later we started opening presents. Santa found me in San Diego, and Emilysa's family spoiled me with books and treats as seen below. I think they were even inspired at some of the presents they gave me.
After 4 hours of present opening (Emilysa has a big family and we took a break), we ate a ham dinner and lounged around. I feel that Christmas is for lounging so this was wonderful. Just before I left for home, the family gathered around the grand piano for caroling. A very merry Christmas thanks to a wonderful and generous family.

1 comment:

Joe and Joanne said...

Looks like a very fun Christmas Michelle! The picture of Temple Square is gorgeous!

Hey, how far is L.A. (quartier where you live) to San Diego? I will be in San Diego from Jan 12-Jan 15 with work, if you're close enough and time permits between our two schedules I say we should get together for a few hours!